Hi Bro!!!
Market yourself ……….!! Or Tell me/us about yourself
This is the first and foremost question any company asks a student appears for interview
So don’t get tensed, relax and answer the question.
Coming from a small town called Kadapa in south Andhra Pradesh, I managed to get admission into MJ by consistent efforts and belief in myself. My consistent effort is seen in my marks in 10th and 12th class and my ranking in various entrances exams.
I also believe strongly in interacting and socializing with people. I have always been good at making friends not just at school or college but other walks of life as well. This helps me to broaden my outlook, know different peoples view and gain knowledge. This also helped me a lot at my engineering college where we need to work in teams. I am sure this would be very much required in corporate world.
Also underlined comments by a friend of mine!!!
Why INFOSYS
It has also been my dream to join the biggest names in the corporate world. It can’t be better than Infosys. Infosys today is one of the largest, true Multinational with best of fortune 500 clients and one of the very few companies which invest in its employees for their growth.
Infosys is one the few companies which stood tall inspite of the recession. And it is one of the very few companies in India which didn’t turn down its offer of employment to last year recruits.
Infosys strongly believes in its value system.
If asked to explain give this example.
In the beginning days of Infosys, NRN(Narayan Murthy J in case you do not know) and his team were about to receive some computers from abroad. The customs in the airport asked for bribe, and NRN denied giving bribe though the deadline to finish the project was approaching and had to pay a lot of money to customer if schedule skips. In the end, the customs people gave away the PCs as they occupied a lot of space. Knowing infy’s previous services, though the customer offered extension of deadline, NRN once again denied it and asked the customer to offer the project to next highest bidder according to the deal. Though that project meant a lot to infy in those beginning days.
Go through infy’s website for different awards and rewards. Also mention infy’s share to help the society.
Also, I believe that, at INFOSYS, training is an important aspect. I was given to understand that INFOSYS not only train its employees to develop skills and gain knowledge continuously but also in overall development of an individual. And I believe that training is essential growth and development of individual and organization.
If you get a chance, will you switch to other companies?
· INFOSYS growing at a tremendous pace in IT industry across the globe and increasing its clients day by day.
· INFOSYS puts effort in continuous development and growth of individuals.
· Opportunities for exposure in terms of locations and projects are very strong reasons why I would never have to think about joining/switching to other companies.
· You can also say that you won’t think about switching as long as the organization gives you an opportunity to grow. (instead of trying to convey that infy is the only company)
Are you Mobile
(This question is find out whether you are ready to work at any place of Infosys’ choice)
I am already mobile. In the sense, I have done my schooling, junior college and engineering in different places. And I like to see new places, meet and interact with lot of people and enjoy traveling. I see that I get to see and enjoy different places during my stay at INFOSYS. I am open to it and rather looking forward to it.
What are the good qualities you have?
Good qualities:
· Punctuality
· Socializing and Interacting , good team building qualities
· Persistent
· consistent
**** (give small examples and give small explanation in support of each of the above qualities mentioned)
What are your bad qualities?
Bad qualities:
(Remember that bad qualities should not be bad always, they have to be good sometimes)
1. Finicky about perfection: you can say that you are very particular about details and do not like even small errors in anything that you do. This may take more effort and time. At the end of the day, you are satisfied much about the end result.
Difference b/w hard and smart work
**** Smile and start you answer with this
· Hard work without smartness is waste of efforts and
· Smartness without hard work does not move you forward in any job.
· I think one without the other is absolute waste.
· Also, I believe that work is successful and results are best only when smart work is combined with hard work.
Elaborating more you can say
· Smart work makes you work faster, makes you result better and saves resources
· There is no substitute to hard work
(If you are asked to rate which is more important: say that if you have choice of only one, you would choose hard work, and quote example of rabbit and tortoise race)
Do u have any plans of doing higher studies?
Say NO
Where do u see yourself down the line 4 or 5 years
· After my engineering, I would be in an organization where for the first year I would be spending time in getting trained and shall start contributing to the projects to which I am assigned and would learn as much as I can.
· For the second and third year, I shall be working in important project teams and shall be a key team member, contributing significantly in giving ideas and execution of projects.
· During my 4th and 5th year, I shall have moved to a position where I shall be in charge of a project, handling a team and contributing more as a ‘team’ to the organizations profit basket. (In infy you must have a minimum of 5 to 6 years of experience to become a team lead as far as I know)
· I would have by then gained cross domain knowledge and can move faster from one project to another and can also take up higher responsibilities (team, project execution, one point contact for fortune 500 clients etc)
If they talk about salary and money (mostly they don’t ask)
(Infy will give the salary details in its pre selection presentation)
Say that money is important but not at the cost of individual development and not at the cost of best corporate environment
All the Best …………!!! All Is Well …………!!!
Interviewer: do you have any questions to ask?
Be prepared with some questions.
After I GET (Be confident that you will get selected) selected in Infosys, ******what is that Infosys expects from me? (This is the one I asked in my interview)
Interview etiquette:
Enter the room with a warm smile. Walk confidently in the room. 80% of your fate will be decided in these first 8sec (Revealed in some study) .Wish the interviewer. Hold your file in your left hand so that it will be easy to shake hand (only if the interviewer offers). Give a firm a handshake (only if offered). Wait till you are offered a seat. Thank when you are offered seat.
While the interviewer is answering any questions, they wantonly elaborate it. But still put on an expression such that nothing else in this world can interest you more.(don’t forget to nod to assure that you are interested.
Know objective of your resume well. Also the details you specify in the form which will be given prior to your written exam (Applicable only to Infy).
Infy always shows special interest in extracurricular activities. So mention them in your resume (even if you don’t have any, cook up some). Like singing, dancing, sports, NCC, organizing an event (can be at school or college level).
Be prepared as to which is favorite subject. Why? What extra effort you put in to learn more about it.
There might be situational questions like. . . .
Q. You best friend committed suicide. Someone informed you about and you are in the middle of an important job at office. What will you do?
A. First I will call 108. Then inform his parents and any of my friends is near the suicide location. Once I am done with my job, I will go and meet my friend and talk to him. (One my friends was asked this)
Q. You have to fix a tier of your car and you don’t have screws. What will you do?
A. Take out a screw from each of the remaining and the fix the fourth tire.
Q. It was raining heavily. You were going in a car. There are persons asking for a lift and only one can be given a lift. One is an old lady is to be taken to a hospital, your best friend and beautiful girl.
A.I will give car to my best friend and ask him to take the old lady to hospital and I will go with the beautiful girl.
Some puzzles might also be asked.
Dressing sense: (you might know more)
Dark colored trousers and light colored shirt and a dark colored tie (of course of different colorJ). No linen shirts please. Belt should match with shoes (formal shoes of courseJ). Make sure that you look good in them. Don’t wear new clothes to interview so that you won’t feel uncomfortable.
I have explained him the attitude he has to carry for an interview.
Anyway as I have more interviews experience, I can pen down a lot.
1. I feel the market about you is too dramatic.
The answer should be emphasized more on his personal attributes rather than public state of mind. The answer will look as if it is copied from some other source. Ask him to prepare a draft, send it for feedback rather you outline his answer.
2. Why Infosys?
Infosys is accolade for its Values. Go through Infosys site and list the new adventures the company took. Ex: Global Outsourcing.
3. Change in company
Should answer, “Not at the cost of good career”
4. Good qualities:
Sounds typical re. Let him show his own desires/ describe his fantasy world that makes him gaga over it. Ex: Blogging
5. Interview etiquettes:
· The first and last thing needs to be remembered is that be cool at any cost. Take deep breathe and have confidence in urself .
· Make sure that u maintain smile even when the interviewer talks shit about u.
· Have a light attitude towards interview. This is not going to be the last interview in life.
· Abhi picture baaki hi mere dost J
· Interviewer may/may not be interested. He may be gazing at the walls, but maintain firm look at his face.
· Give a firm handshake when asked.
· Have all the docs ready before two days rather running at the last minute.
· Have healthy food, rather experimenting in last two days.
· Don’t be nervous looking at the crowd during recruitment. People develop rumors a lot during recruitment regarding intake, selection process and blah blah. Maintain harmony and be bindas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment